Monday, May 10, 2010

Park City… We’re not in Kansas anymore Toto!

The weekend of April 30 and May first was a wet one in Warrensburg and Wheatland, Missouri. We pulled into town that Friday and shortly after they canceled the race due to rain. The crew and I went to dinner and hung out that night in Warrensburg. On Saturday morning we woke up to more rain and the cancellation of the Saturday night race in Wheatland.

I scrambled to find a track that we could stop by on our way home to utilize all the miles we traveled. Our new crew guy, Billy Jack, mentioned a track he raced at in Wichita, Kansas. We found the track info and adjusted our route and it was well worth it. The weather was perfect and I had my best finish yet. I started at the back of the A-main and brought home my first top ten finish, placing 9th. I had made it to the 6th position with two laps left when two cars wrecked in front of me. I checked up and lost two positions and ended up grabbing 9th instead.
This has been my best race so far in my sprint car with everything feeling, working and responding amazingly. I learned to ride the high line and what an incredible feeling of g-force and exhilaration! I'm looking forward to our upcoming race weekend at the end of the month now that I truly know what it feels like to ride that crazy edge!

No comments: