Friday, August 1, 2008

An Update from Justin

Hey fellow race fans this is the one and only Justin Wolf Medlock. I figured it would be a treat for everyone to hear about the racing from the drivers seat. This season has been a total learning curve. As many of you know, I raced 10-horse power go-karts for about 8 years and made the transition into a 700 horsepower sprint car. The first couple races of the season took some getting used to. The amount of horsepower is helpful and tricky at the same time. I’ve learned throughout the season how to use the horsepower to get me through the corners and how throttle control can advance me down the straight-aways without spinning my tires. Each race I’ve become more confident in myself and the other racecar drivers.

I am looking forward to the second half of the season. We are 9th in points, which is a huge confidence booster! I am more aware of how my car reacts on different racetracks now. We have raced all of the tracks on our circuit except one in Casper and I am looking forward to returning to all of them with gained knowledge. My goal is to stay in the top 10 in points for the rest of the season. I also want to finish in every A Main.

The last track we were at (which April will soon post photos from) was North Platte Nebraska. I felt the most comfortable in the car than I ever have. My dad had the car set up perfect. I started the A Main middle of the pack turning 17-second laps and half way through I advanced to the 13th position turning 13-second laps. It finally clicked…I can do this job! It was also very helpful having 2 sprint car veterans helping pit for us. My good friend Tim and his dad Bob were a huge encouragement and believed in me more than I believed in myself. I left N. Platte with a new outlook on the rest of the season. I am going to being more aggressive on the track in order to advance in points.
Thanks to everyone for your support and prayers.

Great big thanks to Tim for his amazing photography and artistic skills. We now have trader cards! These are a huge hit with the kids and race fans at the track. Check them out!

No comments: